Monday, June 27, 2011

You've got mail

Actually its not really mail but my order from Amazon arrived! A few posts back, I wrote about ordering Hooked on Phonics learning system from Amazon because I wanted to start teaching Nix how to read. I'm so happy it arrived ahead of the expected delivery time frame they gave me. Nix and I were so excited opening the box and getting our hands on our loots:)

Excited with her new book:)

Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Pre-K and Super Workbook




Level 1 kit includes:
DVD, storybooks, workbook, reward stickers, flashcard, quick start guide

According to the guide we should start learning with the workbook (the one in Level 1 is all about the alphabet and learning about alphabet sounds), then proceed to practice skills using flashcards and then reinforcing everything by reading a book together or watching the DVD provided. I'm really excited about this although were going to do this slowly but surely, no pressure. I just want something that would keep her busy and at the same time something she'll learn from. I want to make most of this age wherein she's so curious and like a sponge, absorbs most so so easily.

I will post more about our progress in future. Have a good week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment